Well, 2021 has been a busy year. I wrote a new personal record of 95 posts (my previously highest being 71 in 2020 and 2017), one of which was my first official book review; Fantasy reached new highs with the release of Amazon's The Wheel of Time TV adaption while I tried and stopped one its grimdark lows, and RuneScape & Golden Sun celebrated their 20th anniversaries. Thus as 2021 rolls away I think it only fitting to look back on this year's accomplishments.
I read for the first time:
- The Sacred Hunt Duology by Michelle West
- Juniper Wiles by Charles de Lint
- House of Hollow by Krystal Sutherland
- The Dreaming Place by Charles de Lint
- These Witches Don't Burn series by Isabel Sterling
- Winterkeep by Kristin Cashore, the fourth and newest book of her Graceling Realm Series.
- Flame by Sharon Shinn, the final novella in her book Quatrain, which returns to the land of Gillengaria and its Twelves Houses, making it a prequel of sorts to her Twelves Houses series.
- Winterlight, book 7 in the Green Rider series by Kristen Britain
- New Spring, prequel novel to The Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan